Saturday, June 26, 2010

South of the James Farmer's Market

Another beautiful summer morning spent at the South of the James Farmer's Market. I got there early to beat the crowds and was home by 9 o'clock with bags of fresh produce--which got me really excited. So excited, in fact, that I decided to start a blog about cooking, eating local, etc. I choose the name because I could not think of anything better, and the whole process was taking too long. I decided to pick a vegetable lying on the kitchen counter. "Pea shoots" is what I first tried, but would you believe that someone already has a blog with that title?

If you are reading this, don't expect much. I will try to stick to said topics and not digress into negative tirades on other topics like our country's terrible maternity care, how rude people can be and things of that nature. Oh, and I get interrupted by a 2.5 year old or 31 year-old about every 3 minutes, which has already made this a bit trying. I'll probably write about books or wine some--two of my favorite topics-- in addition to food.

No comments:

Post a Comment